Victory Kid Sports has partnered with several other local organizations to provide family-friendly fun on Saturday, Aug. 11 at Crane Park, to help kick off the 2018 school year.
Victory Kid Sports’ “Back to School Blowout” will kick off with a 3-on-3 tournament, featuring trophies for youth and adult division. In addition to basketball, there will be bounce houses, food and an American Ninja Warrior Course.
Victory Olympics will get the entire family involved for fun and prizes. As a bonus, this event is free to all participants who bring a can of Chef-Boy-R-Dee or anything off this list.
Crane Park is located at 1550 Mosswood in Melbourne.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
• 8:45 a.m.: 3-on-3 Basketball Opening Ceremonies
• 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.: 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament CLICK HERE to register before Aug. 8. Tip-Off is at 9 a.m., trophies and cash prizes will be presented to the winning teams.
• 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Bounce Houses and Backpack & School Supply Giveaway (while supplies last)
• 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Free Lunch to everyone who registers and brings anything off this food list. All food will be donated to The Children’s Hunger Project.
• 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.: American Ninja Warrior Course with Coach Reed
• 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Face Painting and Balloon Art
• 12 p.m The Victory Olympics and Carnival games for the entire family
Your $200 donation to sponsor the event makes it possible for this event to be free to participants. Bring your table, chairs and a tent and Victory will provide you with water and a lunch. This is an outdoor event and set up begins at 7 a.m. and must be complete by 9 a.m.
All proceeds benefit the Victory Kid Sports Foundation, 501C3 non-profit organization. For more information log on to Victorymlb.com or on Facebook @Victorymlb