Calling all Packing volunteers! Packing spots available for Wed Sep 30 and Thu Oct 1. Sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a44abab23a7f94-food50
THANK YOU for volunteering!
As of now, The Children’s Hunger Project has renewed its normal weekly school distribution schedule for those schools we distribute to, that are currently ready for us. We are still holding small weekly packing events with masks and gloves. If you are part of an organization that would like to pack with us in small groups, please call 321-610-1900.
In keeping with the coronavirus guidelines, we will continue to operate with smaller groups of volunteers at our office at 1855 West King Street, Cocoa 32926 (located on the Cocoa Hyundai dealership property) to pack weekend food packages. MAP
- Currently, we are taking temperatures of all packing volunteers prior to their shift and require EVERYONE to wear a mask when they enter the building. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN MASK OR FACE COVERING IF YOU HAVE THEM, WE HAVE MINIMAL MASKS AVAILABLE. Please try to arrive a few minutes before your shift for check-in.
- Gloves are provided. The TCHP office is deep-cleaned on a regular basis and after each packing.
- It may not always possible to maintain 6-ft distancing, but TCHP makes every effort to do so when possible.
- For food pick-up and distribution, GLOVES WILL BE PROVIDED, WE ASK YOU TO BRING YOUR OWN FACE COVERING/MASK AND HAND SANITIZER. Distribute food packages by placing one food package per child in the car trunk, or however many they request- (please remember to keep your 6’ of social distancing space).
Out of concern for the health and safety of our volunteers, we request the following:
- NO ONE UNDER AGE 8.
- NO CONTACT/LIVING WITH SOMEONE WHO IS BEING TESTED, DISPLAYS SYMPTOMS, OR HAS A HIGH-RISK FACTOR (IMMUNO-COMPROMISED).
- NO TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF BREVARD COUNTY DURING THE PAST TWO WEEKS.
- NO SYMPTOMS IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS.If you do not have a volunteer waiver on file with us, please complete the online form at https://thechildrenshungerproject.org/volunteer-opportunities or download, print and sign to bring with you at https://thechildrenshungerproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/VOLUNTEER-AGREEMENT-Rev-Aug-2019.pdf
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOUR PLANS CHANGE AND YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE at 321-610-1900
During the pandemic we are working hard to provide to children ages 18 and under at school distribution sites weekly, as well as Students in Transition, Cocoa and Melbourne PAL, Brevard Cares, Boys and Girls Clubs, and Club Esteem. We look forward to being there for children during the summer through United Way of Brevard’s Feed and Program, as well as at other county sites.
NOTE: THESE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS WILL RESUME WHEN BPS NORMAL SCHEDULE RESUMES, WHICH HAS NOT BEEN DETERMINED, YET.
WEEKLY FOOD DELIVERY DRIVERS IN YOUR OWN VEHICLE ON THURSDAYS
This is a commitment on Thursday mornings throughout the school year, transporting food packages from our office in Cocoa in our reusable grocery bags (not heavy) to designated schools in your vehicle.
WEEKLY FOOD DELIVERY DRIVER IN OUR BOX TRUCK ON TUESDAYS
This is a commitment on Tuesday mornings throughout the school year, just 4 hours of your time each week. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly during the 4 hours, as that’s what the containers weigh filled with food packages.
1-2 times per week, 2-4 hours each time, operate a pallet jack, be able to lift 50 lbs.
VOLUNTEER OFFICE & FOOD PREP HELP
Come join our friendly staff and volunteers! Your choice of Monday through Thursday during office hours, 2-3 hours, 1 or 2 days per week
Click here to email us or call 321-610-1900. You can also use the online application form.