With more than 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries, why would L3 Harris spend time volunteering to pack meals to feed hungry kids? Because they care about the well being of all those in their local community with team-building efforts throughout the year! We know much about how L3 Harris supports the local community, but did you know this?
The “Harris Automatic Press Company” was founded in 1895. The company spent the next 60 years developing lithographic processes and printing presses before acquiring typesetting company Intertype Corporation. In 1967, they merged with Radiation, Inc. of Melbourne, Florida, a developer of antenna, integrated circuit and modem technology used in the space race. The company headquarters was moved from Cleveland to Melbourne in 1978.
L-3 Communications was formed in 1997. The company continued to expand to become one of the top ten U.S. government contractors. At the end of 2016, the company changed its name to L3 Technologies, Inc. to better reflect the company’s wider focus since its founding in 1997.
In October 2018, Harris and L3 announced a “merger of equals”. The new company, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., is based in Melbourne, Florida, where Harris was headquartered.
TCHP is so thankful that this community (and world) leader regularly steps up to help us feed our county’s most vulnerable children.